Here are a few factors to consider before you buy a pre-owned iPhone.
- Consider Your Carrier.
- Ensure That The Seller Is Legitimate.
- Confirm That The Phone Can Be Activated With Your Carrier.
- Do Some Quality Control.
- Inspect It For Water Damage.
- Test The Battery.
- Check The Warranty.
- The Bottom Line.
How do you inspect a used iPhone?
How to Inspect a Used iPhone
- Verify the IMEI Number. Go to Settings -> General -> About, swipe down to IMEI.
- Check the activation lock. This step makes sure the phone is not a stolen phone.
- Reset the iPhone. Before buying an iPhone, please remove current owner’s Apple ID from Settings > iCloud.
- Check Warranty.
Is it okay to buy second hand iPhone?
so, if you want to get an iPhone without paying full price, buying a used iPhone may be your best bet. While a used iPhone can be a good deal, there are a few things you should watch out for. Buying used or refurbished iPhones saves some cash, but they may come with trade-offs.
What to look for when buying used phone?
Start with the screen by checking if it’s scratched. If the phone has physical keys, test them to see if they are in good condition. Also check if the front camera is cracked or damaged in any way. Next, move to the sides and check for scratches and dents; test the buttons to see how well they click and press.
Can I run a diagnostic test on my iPhone?
Apple has its own diagnostics tool for the iPhone, but that requires either a visit to your local Apple Store or a phone call to Apple to run a remote diagnostic session. To run TestM on your phone, select the full test, the quick test, or a specific category or feature. Each test is interactive.