- Who has the responsibility of billing and system maintenance function in cellular system?
- What is the role of MSC in telecom?
- What is cellular telephone system?
- What is MTSO describe its functions in a cellular system?
- What is the function of maintenance?
- What are the duties of maintenance department?
- What is the use of a cellular telephone?
- Why have a cellular phone system?
- What is basic cellular system?
- What are the 4 types of maintenance?
- What is the main purpose of maintenance?
- What are the benefits of maintenance?
- What are the principles of maintenance?
- What skills do you need to be a maintenance worker?
- How many types of maintenance are there?
The MSC is responsible for switching calls to mobile units as well as to the local telephone system, recording billing data and processing data from the cell site controllers.
This provides an interface to the (Public Switched Telephone Network) (PSTN).
It also provides connectivity to the PSTN.
Who has the responsibility of billing and system maintenance function in cellular system?
Who has the responsibility of billing and system maintenance function in cellular system? Explanation: Mobile switching center (MSC) accommodates 100,000 subscribers and 5,000 simultaneous conversations at a time and handles all billing and system maintenance functions.
What is the role of MSC in telecom?
The Mobile Switching Centre (MSC) is a telephone exchange that makes the connection between mobile users within the network, from mobile users to the public switched telephone network and from mobile users to other mobile networks.
What is cellular telephone system?
Cellular telephone, sometimes called mobile telephone, is a type of short-wave analog or digital telecommunication in which a subscriber has a wireless connection from a mobile phone to a relatively nearby transmitter. The transmitter’s span of coverage is called a cell.
What is MTSO describe its functions in a cellular system?
MTSO stands for mobile-telephone switching office. Its role is important because it connects the cell-phone network in its area to the landline phone system through a local phone exchange. A handoff works by tracking the signal strength of the cellphone.
What is the function of maintenance?
THE MAINTENANCE FUNCTION. The maintenance department is responsible and accountable for maintenance. It is responsible for the way equipment runs and looks and for the costs to achieve the required level of performance.
What are the duties of maintenance department?
Maintenance Worker Responsibilities:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
What is the use of a cellular telephone?
A cellular phone is a telecommunication device that uses radio waves over a networked area (cells) and is served through a cell site or base station at a fixed location, enabling calls to transmit wirelessly over a wide range, to a fixed landline or via the Internet.
Why have a cellular phone system?
Cellular telephone systems are designed to provide two-way voice communication at vehicle speeds with regional or national coverage. Cellular systems were initially designed for mobile terminals inside vehicles with antennas mounted on the vehicle roof.
What is basic cellular system?
A basic cellular system consists of three parts: a mobile unit, a cell site, and a Page 8 mobile telephone switching office (MTSO), as Fig 1.6 shows, with connections to link the three sub systems. 1. Mobile units: A mobile telephone unit contains a control unit, a transceiver, and an antenna system.
What are the 4 types of maintenance?
Four general types of maintenance philosophies can be identified, namely corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance.
What is the main purpose of maintenance?
Maintenance is the function whose objective is to ensure the fullest availability of production equipment, utilities and related facilities at optimal cost and under satisfactory conditions of quality, safety and protection of the environment.
What are the benefits of maintenance?
By carrying out maintenance on a proactive, rather than a reactive, basis, you can decrease equipment downtime and reduce the number of major repairs.
- Avoid Costly Downtime.
- Reduce Repair Costs.
- Prevent Employee Downtime.
- Increase Equipment Life.
- Training and Minimal Duty.
What are the principles of maintenance?
Tip of the Week: Six Principles of Effective Maintenance Management
- Plan, rather than react. Focus resources on preventing downtime, not on reacting to downtime you should have prevented.
- Be equipped to do the job.
- Follow the plan.
- Actively seek feedback and advice.
- Adjust as needed.
- Keep others in the loop.
What skills do you need to be a maintenance worker?
7 Skills to Include on Your Maintenance Mechanic Resume
- Technical abilities. Many technical schools, trade schools and community colleges have certificate and degree programs for those who are curious about becoming mechanics.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Organizational skills.
- Physical ability.
- Able to work quickly under pressure.
How many types of maintenance are there?
Five types of maintenance are in fact recurrent in the industry: corrective, preventive, condition-based, predictive and predetermined. These concepts are not always easy to understand or are not well-known by certain people, that’s why they need to be cleared up.