What do you do when your headphones don’t work?
- Make sure your headphones aren’t broken. The first step is an obvious one.
- Check to see if the smartphone is connected to a different device via Bluetooth.
- Clean the headphone jack.
- Check audio settings and restart device.
- Time to call the repairman.
Why is one side of my headphones not working?
There can be many reasons that a pair of headphones only play audio out of one ear. The most common reason for sound to only come out of one side is the wires near the audio jack have gotten bent back and forth so many times that it has caused a short in the wiring.
Why is my right headphone not working?
So the first step is determining if your headphone plug is the problem. Try a different set of headphones in the same audio jack. If you still hear a problem, then the issue is likely with the jack on your device and not your headphones. There’s also no guarantee that fixing your plug will fix your headphone woes.
How do you fix earbuds when only one side works?
Method 1 Taping Defective Earbuds
- Identify the problem area. Slip the earbuds in your ears and play some music.
- Twist the cord until the earbuds begin working. Bend, straighten, and adjust the cord around the damaged site.
- Tape the cord to hold it in place.
- Consider purchasing a replacement pair of earbuds.