Is going to bed with wet hair bad for your scalp?
“Sleeping with your hair wet or damp is not necessarily ‘bad,’ but if it’s excessive (think nightly), you have a high chance of damaging your follicles, causing breakage, or possibly even getting a fungal infection on your scalp,” explains Padilla (clients include Victory Boyd and Alicia Keys) who suggests swapping out
How can I sleep with wet hair without damaging it?
How to Sleep with Wet Hair without Damaging it
- Make sure hair is NOT dripping wet. Imagine sleeping with hair that is sopping wet.
- Straight Hair.
- Plopping hair with a microfiber towel.
- For naturally curly hair, apply hydrating cream.
- Sleep on a Satin or Silk Pillowcase.
- For Greasy Hair, tie it up.
- Put your hair up in a loose bun.
Is it bad to sleep with wet hair in a towel?
The old wives’ tale is that going to bed with damp hair can break the ends and damage it. Yet, some experts say it’s totally fine. Also, do not towel dry your hair vigorously, as this will cause the hair to become frizzy. Instead, squeeze the water out gently so it won’t disturb the hair cuticle.