- Can stolen AirPods be tracked?
- Can you reset AirPods so they can’t be tracked?
- How do I calibrate my AirPods?
- What to do if your AirPods are stolen?
- How do you find your AirPods if they are offline?
- Can I find my AirPods if they are stolen?
- Can someone else use my AirPods?
- How do you tell if your AirPods have been stolen?
How to Factory Reset AirPods
- Put your AirPods in their case—keep the lid open.
- Hold the button on the back, as shown above, for three to five seconds until the amber light blinks three times.
- Close the lid.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods and Forget This Device, as shown below.
Can stolen AirPods be tracked?
If your AirPods are offline
If your AirPods do come back online, you’ll get a notification on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you use them with. Find My is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. There is no other Apple service that can find, track, or otherwise flag your device for you.
Can you reset AirPods so they can’t be tracked?
If a thief steals your AirPods, it’s painfully easy to connect them to a different iPhone. After resetting them, your AirPods are no longer paired to any of your Apple devices. They might still show up in your settings, but you can’t stop anyone else from using them.
How do I calibrate my AirPods?
Press and hold the button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds. The case’s internal light between the AirPods will flash white and then amber, indicating the AirPods have reset. (If you have a Wireless Charging Case, this light is located on the front of the case.)
What to do if your AirPods are stolen?
Apple says that if AirPods are lost or stolen, you’ll have to buy new ones, just like any other Apple product. There’s no anti-theft measures in place to protect your shiny wireless earbuds. That said, if one of your two AirPods is lost or stolen, Apple says you’ll be able to buy just one.
How do you find your AirPods if they are offline?
Step 1: Open the Find my iPhone app and tap on the AirPods from the list. Step 2: If they’re showing a grey dot, this means they’re offline. But you’ll still be able to see the last location on the map. You can tap on the Car button to navigate to their last known location.
Can I find my AirPods if they are stolen?
So if your AirPods are lost, out of their case, and somewhere close by, you can use Find My iPhone to find them again. If your AirPods are out of range of all of your devices, need to charge, or are in the AirPod Case, Find My iPhone can still help by showing the time and location where they were last connected.
Can someone else use my AirPods?
Yes, it is absolutely possible to use someone else’s AirPods. The issue you’ll need to deal with is pairing. When AirPods are paired, they become “X person’s AirPods” and that’s how they show up in your device list. If you take “X’s” AirPods and use them with your device, they’ll be renamed as “Y Person’s AirPods”.
How do you tell if your AirPods have been stolen?
Check If Your Airpods Were Stolen
- Start the Find my iPhone app on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.
- Use your Apple ID and passcode to log in.
- Select your AIrpods.
- The blue dot will show you your location (from the device you’re using at the moment).