How do you fix broken headphones without tools?
Here are some ways to repair your headphones that will have them back on your head by tomorrow:
- Clean out the jack.
- Make your own ear cushions.
- Print a new jack cover.
- Reconnect a wire to the lead.
- Repair the ear cushion.
- Replace the jack.
- Test the audio.
- Use heat shrink tubing.
How do you fix broken headphones?
To replace a broken headphone plug:
- Slice off the old plug.
- Use scissors or wire strippers to remove an inch of the cable’s cover and expose the wires.
- Sort the wires by color and type, then use a lighter to burn off the enamel coating.
- Twist like-colored wires together.
How can I fix my earphones at home?
The items you will need
- Your broken earbud headphones.
- A replacement jack plug (I tell you where to get this below).
- A soldering iron and solder.
- A vise to hold things safely while you solder.
- Some matches or a cigarette lighter.
- A penknife, some scissors, or a wire cutter.
Why is one of my earphones not working?
There can be many reasons that a pair of headphones only play audio out of one ear. The most common reason for sound to only come out of one side is the wires near the audio jack have gotten bent back and forth so many times that it has caused a short in the wiring.