about 3 years
Do headphones lose quality over time?
Most advice suggests that headphones don’t so much degrade as cut-out completely. You might not own your headphones long enough to hear a loss in sound quality. If you buy a super-cheap pair, then they’re not built to last and you should expect to replace them sooner than if you’d purchased a premium pair.
How long should earbuds last?
How can I make my earbuds last longer?
So, here are 8 tips that will help you to preserve your earphones and make them last longer.
- Clean your earbuds.
- Keep your earphones in a case.
- Unplug your earphones after use.
- Pull out the plug, not the cable.
- Don’t turn up the volume too high.
- Avoid sleeping with your headphones on.