Can Wet Earbuds Electrocute You?

Can earbuds electrocute you?

Nope! You’re safe. The only way you’d get any electricity zapping you is if somehow the internal mechanisms of the earbuds in both ears were to be connected by an electrical conductor like metal. First, any plastic/casing materials around both headphones would have to break enough to expose metal.

Are wet headphones dangerous?

Some people often ask if they can get electrocuted if they have their earphones in and get wet. Well, the answer is NO! You are safe. The only way you can get electrocuted is if the internal component of the earbuds is connected by an electrical conductor like metal.

Can you electrocute yourself with headphones in the bath?

If it’s safe for the headphones (i.e. they’re certified as waterproof or water resistant), then it’s safe for you too, as long as you use them within their published limits. But unless you’re using electrostats or bluetooth-capable headphones with a battery, you’re unlikely to feel a shock even if you submerge them.

What do you do when your earbuds get wet?

How Do You Fix Headphones That Got Wet?

  • Dry the earphones thoroughly with a soft towel.
  • Remove the foam/rubber/elastic nozzle sleeves and let them air dry.
  • Shake the earphones to remove water droplets.
  • Let the earphones air dry for 48 hours.