You can not track your laptop using MAC address or Serial Number.
Can you track a laptop with the serial number?
It’s a lojack for laptops that’s embedded on the motherboard. When this chip is activated with the help of Absolute CompuTrace then they should be able to track the unit. Otherwise, there’s no technology yet to track the laptop via the serial number.
Can a stolen laptop be traced?
Track Your Device’s IP Address with Gmail or Dropbox
If your laptop or smartphone was stolen, you can use a service like Gmail or Dropbox to find the IP address of your thief. If the thief used your computer, the last logged IP address may be theirs instead of yours.
Can police track serial number?
Contact the police or other law enforcement and provide the serial number. These agencies also have access to tools that can help track down your phone as well.
How can I make a stolen laptop untraceable?
How to make a stolen laptop untraceable?
- Encrypting Your Keystrokes First:
- By Making Your Encryption More Secure:
- Best Antivirus for Laptop.
- By Disabling the Windows Hibernation:
- Keep Disabled and Remove USB Logs:
- Always remove the USBSTOR Registry Setting:
- Stay anonymous while online:
- Anonymity Tips.